Sunday, February 26, 2012

My engagement vow

I would like to share my engagement experience with you all, believe me nothing was really easy.. even the speech which I have to deliver..
Here it goes.... 

On this occasion, I want to thank you all for sharing the day with us and making this the most memorable event of our life. I heartily appreciate the effort of everyone who helped us to make the wedding happen. I'd especially like to thank Mama ji … I would like to thank Preeti…. who has been there every step of the way, from the wedding dress shop to the hairdressers, offering advice and support. Please accept these flowers in thanks for everything you’ve done.
I want to thank our both parents for taking such good care and loving us so much. I have learnt a lot from them, I have never seen such a simple, generous and humble man, my DAD. My dad in Law, a man of integrity, A complete family man shows us how good a family is kept.
My wife (I love saying that!) would not be the person she is without the love and support of her parents, and I want to thank them for helping her to be her and for welcoming me into their family. As my  mother-in-law said, she is not losing a daughter but gaining a new son. I just want to reassure them that I love Laxmi and will do everything in my power to make her as happy for the rest of her life as I know she is today.”

I want to tell something of the day back, we met for very first time, 13th August,  Raksha Bandhan for rest of the world but we were budding up in different terms and those circumstances grew into the relationship that we have now. I was floored to see the simplicity and composure in her and was not pretty sure myself of being liked.
I am immensely in love with her from the 1st day we spoke. Since then we have carried it forward. I respect the patience she showed to understand me and my family.
She is the most beautiful, the kindest, and the loveliest person that I could ever have met.
She posses all  what I liked to have, with exemption of expertise in cooking and I am ready to bear with that but request you all not to come empty stomach to my place till she learnJ
I don’t know, how much I understand this marriage institution but I wish few values which are important for me to be in a marriage are mutual respect, a sense of humor and loyalty in bad times, willingness to give more than you get, honesty in all things, taking pleasure in the other person's successes, being willing to admit that you're wrong, being willing to be the first person to say "I'm sorry"… and I hope that I will be everything she could ever hope for in a husband.
On this day when everyone of family is here,  one person who is always with us, My Grand Parents. I have always felt and sure they are with everyone of us in our Heart. They are here to bless us and I want to promise them  that “we will make it as grand as they ever wished”.

Laxmi, you are a beautiful & lovely bride and I know that you are just as beautiful on the inside. I want to thanks for patience and understanding towards me. Now, I just want to say, in front of our friends and family that I love you and hope that every day will be as happy as today – just not as expensive.

May she share everything with Me, including the housework
Toast to the Guest- “May you always be as happy as I am today"

No comments:

Post a Comment